今日推荐英文原文：《Mob storms Capitol as Facebook, Twitter roles come under fire》
推荐理由：Rich 是一个 Python 库，可以为您在终端中提供富文本和精美格式。 Rich API 可以很容易的在终端输出添加各种颜色和不同风格。Rich 还可以绘制漂亮的表格，进度条，markdown，突出显示语法的源代码及回溯等等，不胜枚举。
今日推荐英文原文：《Mob storms Capitol as Facebook, Twitter roles come under fire》作者：Queenie Wong, Andrew Morse, Carrie Mihalcik
推荐理由：随着美国前总统川宝一直抗议美国大学的结果，一群暴徒冲进了美国国会大厦, 上演了一场暴动. 推特等社交媒体纷纷关闭川宝的账号.
Mob storms Capitol as Facebook, Twitter roles come under fireA mob of people stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday as weeks of President Donald Trump’s unfounded claims the 2020 election was stolen boiled over into a display of insurrection. The chaos, which included multiple reports that shots had been fired, came as Congress was assembled in the building to affirm the election’s results.
Trump, who had spoken to a rally of supporters nearby, stirred up his fans, telling them “We will never give up, we will never concede.” The president also used Twitter to attack Vice President Mike Pence, who had earlier issued a statement saying that he couldn’t stop the congressional count of electoral votes, which is mandated by the Constitution.
“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution,” Trump tweeted in a statement that falsely claimed fraudulent votes were certified by the states. “USA demands the truth!,” he continued. Twitter initially labeled the tweet as disputed, noting that users can’t reply to, retweet or like the tweet “due to a risk of violence.” The tweet is no longer available along with two other tweets Trump posted on Wednesday.
Congress affirmed Biden’s victory over Trump early Thursday after the House and Senate rejected GOP efforts to throw out Georgia and Pennsylvania’s electoral votes for Biden.
Trump, who lost the US presidential election to former Vice President Joe Biden, has been using Twitter and Facebook to push baseless claims about election fraud to his millions of followers. The companies have labeled several of Trump’s tweets and posts, but critics say those efforts do little to stop the spread of misinformation that could incite violence. On Wednesday, however, both companies took harsher action.
In a rare move, Twitter locked Trump’s account and said it required removal of three tweets that violated its rules regarding elections and other civic processes. “If the Tweets are not removed, the account will remain locked,” Twitter said in a tweet. Twitter also added that Trump’s account will be permanently suspended if he violates the company’s rules again.
Facebook also removed a video the president had posted for “expressing support for the people causing the violence,” according to a note by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg that was tweeted out by a New York Times reporter. Facebook also blocked the president from posting to his page for 24 hours, according to the Times. Facebook-owned Instagram also locked the president’s account for the same period of time.
Social networks have typically been reluctant to remove Trump’s posts though politicians aren’t exempted from their rules against inciting violence. In the past, Twitter has added a notice to Trump’s tweets but allowed users to view his remarks because of public interest.
Facebook, which exempts politicians from fact-checking, also added labels to several of Trump’s posts directing users to its election information center before removing them. In a blog post, Facebook said it would also remove content that praised the storming of the US Capitol, and calls to bring weapons to protests or for protests that violate D.C.’s 6 p.m. ET.
By the time the social networks acted , however, Trump’s posts had already garnered a lot of views. A Trump video that repeated false claims about election fraud but urged rioters to “go home now” racked up more than 13 million views on Twitter before its was made unavailable. Facebook and Google-owned YouTube pulled down the video.
Facebook’s VP of Integrity Guy Rosen said in a tweet the company removed Trump’s video because “we believe it contributes to rather than diminishes the risk of ongoing violence.” YouTube cited a policy of removing any new videos alleging fraud in the 2020 presidential election, as Trump’s video did. YouTube put the rule in place a month ago and essentially categorized Biden’s victory as historical fact. YouTube said it would allow copies of the video to remain up if they’re presented in the context of “sufficient educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic value.”
The White House didn’t respond to a request for comment.