今日推荐英文原文：《Small Steps To Make Your Software Engineering Life Easier》
推荐理由：要想加快网站加载速度，除了代码之外就是对静态资源下手了。这个项目提供了常见 logo 的 svg 版本，大小几乎不到 1kb，但是外形上与 png 图片并无太大区别，即使在网络条件不好的情况下加载这些图片也不需要花费太多时间。
今日推荐英文原文：《Small Steps To Make Your Software Engineering Life Easier》作者：Satish Gupta
Small Steps To Make Your Software Engineering Life EasierHello Everyone,
I am Satish and I have been working as a Software Engineer for about 2.5 years now. Over this time, I have learned many things about Software Engineering that I felt were worth sharing. So here they are…
Plan your work
- This is one of the most important things that we as SWE should follow. Planning your office task at the beginning of the day gives you motivation and direction to complete your task.
- It also helps you to prioritize and pick your next task once you have either completed a task or have been blocked on something.
- At the end, when you mark the task as done, it’s a completely different feeling which gives you a sense of achievement. (Like Acceptedin Competitive programming 😉)
- This is a must-do to excel in Software Engineering. Code reviews will not only help you in reading and understanding others’ code, but it will also provide you a lot of visibility.
One-on-One with Manager
- We should try to have a healthy relationship with our Managers because ultimately they are the ones who can help us to achieve our goals.
- We can sync up with our Managers once a week to discuss our progress, challenges, and feedback.
- In the long term, this would help us to achieve our future goals.
Be a good listener
- You may have read at many places that Be a good speaker , but before thatBe a good listener.
- In a discussion, always try to focus on listening to what other people are saying. Things that you don’t understand at that time, may make some sense after you start working on the project.
- Think out loud.
- Self-explanation is definitely one of the best techniques to resolve a bug or to understand a piece of code on which you have been banging your head for long.
- This technique works for me and I would advise you to try it once.
Log your work
- Logging your work daily would give you information on what you have done in the last Xmonths. (Very handy during the perf time 😉)
- Always try to keep your Jira ticket updated. Its advantages would be multifold. It would give you visibility; it would help your stakeholders know the status of the task; it would help anyone who would take on the task after you.
- It is very important to take breaks in between to have a fresh mind. Just grab a coffee with your friend or listen to a song that makes you happy.
Believe in YOUrself
- This might not apply to everyone, but…
- There will be some tasks which will make you feel like you don’t know anything, would make you think that you are a bad engineer and bring other negative thoughts. That is what Imposter Syndrome is, my friend.
- But, this is the time when you have to back yourself the most. You just have to believe in yourself and keep working neglecting the negative thoughts.