今日推荐英文原文：《6 Programming Jokes That Will Make You LOL》
今日推荐英文原文：《6 Programming Jokes That Will Make You LOL》作者：Varun Joshi
6 Programming Jokes That Will Make You LOLWe all like jokes that are cracked at the expense of someone else’s code.
Developers are usually very quiet and introverted. We take a bunch of ‘tickets’ and convert them into code while being seated at our desk all day. Strange, innit?
If you’re not a developer and here to check what developers find funny, you’re going to be disappointed. It’s not that we don’t like jokes, we just like a certain level of nerdiness in our jokes.
If you’re a programmer worth your salt (heh!), you’re going to love this collection of programming jokes below. These are sourced from around the internet & intended to make your week a little bearable.
Note: A lot of the best programming jokes on the Internet come from xkcd. This webcomic was created by Randall Munroe in 2005. The comic’s tagline describes it as “A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language”. Munroe states on the comic’s website that the name of the comic is not an initialism, but “just a word with no phonetic pronunciation”.
1. Tech SupportThe worst nightmare for any developer is to contact customer support for an internet problem. The customer service agents sometimes (I’m being polite, read ALWAYS) fail to understand that restarting computers does not always work. Well, we’re developers and understand how these things work, so a lot of the time we know how to fix the problem, provided you connect us to a fellow developer.
SHIBBOLEET: I’m going to try it the next time I call any customer support service. I wish, someday, it comes true.
2. MVPMaking an MVP is all about trying to create a list of features (when actually all you do is create a list of bugs) while heading towards the launch date. Solve a couple of king-sized bugs and forget about the rest (if only it were that simple).
3. Wisdom of the AncientsOne of the only things I hate about StackOverflow is questions that have been unanswered or with answers that bash the person with the question about how stupid the question is! Just answer it, Genius!
I once was in this situation where I came across a problem and found absolutely nothing on the web. Even StackOverflow had a question with no upvotes or answers but with 6.7k views.
What did I do? I’ll admit I tried for exactly 32 hours and rewrote my code.
4. Still WorthyThe feeling you get when you spend all-day fixing bugs and get to compile your code successfully at the end. The satisfaction is unparalleled.
5. TurtlesLife is simple. The turtle lives on thinking & believing in only one true fact, the fact that it is a turtle. Humans tend to overthink and complicate things which is why we probably don’t live as long as turtles do.
6. Slacking OffCode takes time to compile & deploy. Programmers can do nothing productive while a build is in progress. But I wish I could have sword fights like this at work. Presenting the best & most honest xkcd comic of all time!
To be honest, I am writing this as my code compiles and deploys.
I now realise that 4 of the 6 hilarious jokes are xkcd. Randall Munroe is a genius!
BonusIt’s not a bug, its a feature 🙂